Know any genomes at Twitter support? Contact us if you can help get their attention.
SNPedia is a wiki investigating human genetics. We share information about the effects of variations in DNA, citing peer-reviewed scientific publications. It is used by Promethease to create a personal report linking your DNA variations to the information published about them.
- look at the example rs1234
- learn more about SNPs
- rs53576 in the oxytocin receptor influences social behavior and personality
- rs1815739 muscle performance
- rs7412 and rs429358 can raise the risk of Alzheimer's disease by more than 10x
- rs6152 can influence baldness
- rs333 resistance to HIV
- rs1800497 in a dopamine receptor may influence the sense of pleasure
- rs1805007 determines red hair and sensitivity to anesthetics
- rs9939609 triggers obesity and type-2 diabetes
- rs662799 prevents weight gain from high fat diets
- rs7495174 green eye color and rs12913832 for blue eye color
- rs7903146 in 3% of the population greatly increases the risk of type-2 diabetes
- rs12255372 linked to type-2 diabetes and breast cancer
- rs1799971 makes alcohol cravings stronger
- rs17822931 determines earwax, sweating and body odor
- rs4680 varied cognitive effects
- rs1333049 coronary heart disease
- rs1801133 folate metabolism and several cancers
- rs1051730 and rs3750344 nicotine dependence
- rs4988235 lactose intolerance
View all 57012 snps in SNPedia.