|(C;C)||1.5||normal, but higher risk for several conditions|
|(T;T)||2.4||viagra is more likely to have an effect. increased metabolic disease risk.|
- rs5443(T) allele carriers are 2-3 fold more likely to be obese in Caucasian, Chinese, and African American populations. [PMID 10477144]
- rs5443(T) carriers are clearly at higher risk for hypertension, but this review indicates that whether they are also at increased risk for stroke and left ventricular hypertrophy remains controversial. [PMID 12530935]
- rs5443(T;T) women gain significantly more weight during pregnancy than rs5443(C;T) or rs5443(C;C) women, and had a significantly higher pre-pregnancy body mass index. [PMID 12668921]
- rs5443(T;T) genotypes respond to Viagra better. 91% of them have a "positive erectile response" upon taking Viagra, whereas only around 50% of rs5443(C;T) and rs5443(C;C) individuals respond equivalently to the drug. The odds ratio for the positive response was 10.0 (CI: 1.2 - 81.1, p = 0.01). [PMID 12576843]
- rs5443(T;T) patients receiving clozapine over a long term for the treatment of schizophrenia gain significantly more weight (16%) compared to patients carrying at least one rs5443(C) allele in a study of Chinese patients. [PMID 16141801]
- rs5443(T) carriers taking triptans for the treatment of migraines or cluster headaches were ~3 fold more likely to respond positively compared with rs5443(C;C) homozygotes (OR 2.96, CI:1.34 - 6.56, p=0.0074) in a study of ~200 Caucasian patients. [PMID 17361120]
- rs5443(C;T) genotypes are more prevalent in gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) patients relative to healthy controls (odds ratio 1.43, CI: 1.04–1.98).[PMID 19174793]
- rs5443(C;C) individuals do not lose weight under sibutramine therapy whereas (C;T) and (T;T) individuals do, based on a study of 131 obese Taiwanese patients.[PMID 19687782] 23andMe blog
[PMID 19560507] Interaction of serotonin-related genes affects short-term antidepressant response in major depressive disorder
[PMID 19772422] Common Variants in the G Protein beta3 Subunit Gene and Thyroid Disorders in a Formerly Iodine-Deficient Population
[PMID 19811352] Lack of an association of GNB3 C825T polymorphism and blood pressure in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
[PMID 21371559] Effects of C825T polymorphism of the GNB3 gene on availability of dopamine transporter in healthy volunteers-a SPECT study
[PMID 21675276] [A protective effect of GLY272SER polymorphism of GNB3 gene in development of essential hypertension and its relations with environmental hypertension risk factors]
[PMID 22041889] Improvement of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced gastrointestinal symptoms during proton pump inhibitor treatment: Are g-protein (beta)3 subunit genotype, helicobacter pylori status, and environmental factors response modifiers?
[PMID 22791279] Association of the C825T polymorphism in the GNB3 gene with obesity and metabolic phenotypes in a Taiwanese population
[PMID 17521439] Association between 5-HT2A, TPH1 and GNB3 genotypes and response to typical neuroleptics: a serotonergic approach.
[PMID 18248681] Prevalence of common disease-associated variants in Asian Indians.
[PMID 18304332] No evidence for association between BMI and 10 candidate genes at ages 4, 7 and 10 in a large UK sample of twins.
[PMID 18308786] The --1019 C/G polymorphism of the 5-HT(1)A receptor gene is associated with negative symptom response to risperidone treatment in schizophrenia patients.
[PMID 18513389] New application of intelligent agents in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis identifies unexpected specific genetic background.
[PMID 18656447] Salt consumption-dependent association of the GNB3 gene polymorphism with type 2 DM.
[PMID 19131662] A meta-analysis of candidate gene polymorphisms and ischemic stroke in 6 study populations: association of lymphotoxin-alpha in nonhypertensive patients.
[PMID 19263529] Genetic risk factors in recurrent venous thromboembolism: A multilocus, population-based, prospective approach.
[PMID 19303909] Intensity of opiate withdrawal in relation to the 825C>T polymorphism of the G-protein beta 3 subunit gene.
[PMID 19330901] Association of 77 polymorphisms in 52 candidate genes with blood pressure progression and incident hypertension: the Women's Genome Health Study.
[PMID 19360113] The Role of the PGC1alpha Gly482Ser Polymorphism in Weight Gain due to Intensive Diabetes Therapy.
[PMID 19559392] A candidate gene association study of 77 polymorphisms in migraine.
[PMID 19885780] GNB3 C825T polymorphism and elevated blood pressure.
[PMID 20021678] Evaluation of self-reported ethnicity in a case-control population: the stroke prevention in young women study.
[PMID 20359253] Effect of the common -866G/A polymorphism of the uncoupling protein 2 gene on weight loss and body composition under sibutramine therapy in an obese Taiwanese population.
[PMID 20386734] Further evidence supporting a role for gs signal transduction in severe malaria pathogenesis.
[PMID 21172166] Pharmacogenetics of antidepressant response.
[PMID 21210858] Is there an interaction between BDKRB2 -9/+9 and GNB3 C825T polymorphisms and elite athletic performance?
[PMID 21735268] [Genotype of the GNB3 C825T polymorphism, A risk factor for the development and course of prostate cancer?].
[PMID 21737952] Genetic variation in gsalpha protein as a new indicator in screening test for vasovagal syncope.
|qualified_impact||Insufficiently evaluated pharmacogenetic|
[PMID 22534794] A two-stage matched case-control study on multiple hypertensive candidate genes in Han Chinese.
[PMID 23339167] Single nucleotide polymorphisms in G protein signaling pathway genes in preeclampsia.
[PMID 23733030] Pharmacogenetics in major depression: a comprehensive meta-analysis.
[PMID 26083990] Influence of P2Y12 polymorphisms on platelet activity but not ex-vivo antiplatelet effect of ticagrelor in healthy Chinese male subjects
[PMID 27660894] Association of CLOCK, ARNTL, PER2, and GNB3 polymorphisms with diurnal preference in a Korean population.
|Disease||sildenafil response - Efficacy|
|CLNDBN||sildenafil response - Efficacy|
|CLNSRC||PharmGKB Clinical Annotation|