At a minimum, these SNPs are known to be related, and others may also be
Known genetic loci according to "The epidemiology of frontotemporal dementia" [PMID 23611343]:
- Chromosome 9 open reading frame 72 (C9orf72), chromosomal location 9p21.2, found by association studies of familial FTD-MND, followed by mutation analysis of positional candidate genes. Some sporadic cases of FTD-MND have this mutation. Psychosis at presentation is not uncommon in carriers.
- Progranulin (GRN), location 17q21.32, by linkage analysis followed by mutation analysis of positional candidate genes.
- Microtubule-associated protein tau (MAPT), location 17q21.32, identified by linkage analysis of familial FTD with parkinsonism and gene-phenotype correlation.
- Valosin-containing protein (VCP), location 9p13.3, by linkage analysis of a familial disorder characterized by inclusion body myopathy with osteolytic bone disease and FTD.
- Chromatin-modifying protein 2B (CHMP2B), location 3p11.2, by linkage analysis.
[PMID 22890575] The genetics and neuropathology of frontotemporal lobar degeneration.
[PMID 22732773] Advances in understanding the molecular basis of frontotemporal dementia.
[PMID 22536193] Genetics of Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration.