Gout is a disease caused by a build-up of uric acid in the joints, provoking an arthritis-like inflammatory response. Wikipedia SNPs in several genes have been found in independent studies to be associated with increased risk of gout.
- rs16890979, risk allele C in the Amish and Framingham/Rotterdam studies [PMID 18834626]
- rs1014290, risk allele A
- rs6449213; the C allele appears to be protective against gout [PMID 18327257]
- rs6855911 [PMID 18398472]
- rs737267 [PMID 18398472]
- rs12498742, minor G allele reduces risk for gout [PMID 23263486]
- rs3775948, risk allele G [PMID 25646370]
An intergenic SNP on chromosome 4, rs10489070, was associated with gout in both the Amish and Framingham/Rotterdam studies.