set up a weekly automatic search such as "snp increased risk" If the best infomation was the gene name and the amino change
- search for the gene in ensembl.org
- hope for a single human gene or one extra vega
- if not a single gene, see the help for an ambiguous gene name.
- From ensemble.org click on 'Gene variation info' in the upper left
- (It is possible to filter out some snps which are unlikely to be productive)
- Look for a textual table of snps
- Look at the "AA change" & "AA co-ordinate" coordinate columns for numbers which match the mutation description in the article
- ie if in the article it says "+T294C" look for the two columns to be ""
if you got an rs#