Purpose of the Recent Changes Page
The Recent Changes page in SNPedia allows you to see the most recent edits across the entire wiki. This page allows you to quickly review changes that were made by other SNPedia users. The page lists the recent edits in reverse chronological order.
If you are a registered user, you can customize the behavior of the Recent Changes page by adjusting the settings in your user preferences. For example, you can hide all minor edits or modify the number of changes that are shown on the Recent Changes page.
Format of the Recent Changes Page
By default, this page contains the fifty most recent edits that have been made to the wiki. They are listed one line per edit and in reverse chronological order.
A typical line in the Recent Changes pages may look like this:
(diff) (hist) . . N Help:Contents; 22:54 . . Username (Talk)
The explanation for each field is as follows:
- diff is a link to the Diff Page for this edit
- hist is a link to the History Page for this article
- m indicates the edit has been marked as a minor edit
- N indicates the page is new
- The next link (Help:Contents) allows you to access the current version of the article
- The next link (22:54) refers to the time when the edit was stored
- The next link (Username) allows you to access the homepage of the (registered) user who made the edit
- The next link (Talk) connects you to the talk page of the user who made the edit