SNPedia: a wiki supporting personal genome annotation, interpretation and analysis Michael Cariaso; Greg Lennon Nucleic Acids Research 2011; doi: 10.1093/nar/gkr798
Some of the published articles about SNPedia include the following, generally in chronological order starting with the most recent:
- How a wiki is keeping direct to consumer genetics alive (MIT Technology Review) Oct 2014
- What Gene Tests Can Really Tell You (BusinessWeek, Nov. 3, 2008)
- SNPedia: A Wiki for Personal Genomics (Bio-IT World, Dec. 2007)
- Broadening Genetic Tests in the Consumer Market (GEN, Dec 1 2007; Vol. 27, No. 21; see section on Whole Genome Typing)
Other mentions and/or essays include:
- Own Your DNA (MIT Technology Review, February 2016)
All contributions to SNPedia are considered to be released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License (see SNPedia:Copyrights for details). SNPedia and the information in it is intended to remain available for free access by individuals for their personal use in perpetuity.
River Road Bio also created Promethease.com, which uses SNPedia content. Revenue to support SNPedia is derived from Promethease use and commercial licensing of SNPedia and/or Promethease.