Have questions? Visit https://www.reddit.com/r/SNPedia
These are 30 SNPs that definitely relate to TCF7L2
Here they are:
You are encouraged to leave these fields blank, but hit save below. A bot will fill in everything correctly usually within 24h. If you're in a hurry, please see Template:Gene for a description of the fields.
Here you can edit the Free text: of the page
These two [[snps]] [[rs12255372]] and [[rs7903146]] greatly influence your risk of [[Type-2 diabetes]].
This has been confirmed by
* several researchers ([PMID 16936217] [PMID 16855264] [http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v38/n3/abs/ng1732.html] [PMID 16936217])
* Research [[http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v38/n3/abs/ng1732.html] [PMID 16936217] shows snps in the gene TCF7L2 significantly increases the risk of [[Type-2 diabetes]].
* Refining the impact of TCF7L2 gene variants on [[Type-2 diabetes]] and adaptive evolution [PMID 17206141].
* [http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-10/ucl-dgc102306.php] Carrying two copies of a common variant of [[TCF7L2]] doubles your chances of developing [[Type-2 diabetes]] and puts you in a similar risk category to being clinically obese. A common variant of the gene increased the risk of developing diabetes by 50 per cent. Carrying two copies of the variant gene increased the risk two-fold, to nearly 100 per cent. In the population as a whole, the impact of this gene on the risk of developing diabetes is as big as the problem of being clinically obese (having a body mass index over 30).
* Polymorphism in TCF7L2 is associated with reduced insulin secretion in nondiabetic women [PMID 17130514]
This news article summarizes [http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=47780 how snps increase the risk]
[http://www.ihop-net.org/UniPub/iHOP/gs/92582.html IHOP] Information Hyperlinked Over Proteins.
[PMID 17519421] Variation in [[TCF7L2]] influences therapeutic response to [[sulfonylureas]] - related to [[diabetes]]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page