if you're willing to be interviewed for a magazine interview related to SNPedia send email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject:'Interview OK'
Revision as of 04:56, 8 December 2010 by Jlick
A demonstration gene record similar to SNP rs1234 to show how this works.
If this were a real gene:
- The official HGNC symbol for this gene would be "FAKE1"
- It is also known as the "FBPS1" gene. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list, but those symbols commonly used in research.
- The official descriptive name would be "fake binding protein synthase solute carrier domain 1"
- The EntrezGene link would show the gene record at NCBI containing many cross-references to relevant information
- The dbSNP link would display all official SNPs currently mapped to the gene
- The UniProt link would show the UniProt record which has information on known protein variants, disease associations, and interactions with other genes
- The OMIM link would show a summary of research linked to this gene and disease associations
- The 23andMe link would display the SNPs in this gene in 23andMe's raw data browser (must be a 23andMe customer to access)