Revision as of 03:35, 4 January 2009 by Meightysix
A selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), this drug is used to treat depression.
Available since 2003 in generic form. Original trade name: Celexa.
The following SNPs may influence a patient's response to this drug:
- rs2032583 and others in the ABCB1 gene predict efficacy
- rs7997012, in the HTR2A gene [PMID 16642436]
- rs1954787, in the GRIK4 gene
- rs2518224, in the GRIK2 gene
- rs4825476, in the GRIA3 gene
- rs4675690, rs7569963, and additional haplotypes in close vicinity to the CREB1 gene (males only?) [PMID 17548750]